Skip to main content

check out --

My Music Personality -- like anybody would want to know! well, if you want to check out YOU'RE music personality you can click on the link, otherwise, read on...

i went on a book buying spree again (i know, i know). i was browsing through the juvenile or young adults section and picked 2 in particular and they were pretty good picks. i found both books uproariously funny!

book 1 - the unlikely romance of kate bjorkman by louise plummer

about the book
I’m Kate Bjorkman. I don’t like romance novels. They’re full of three-paragraph kisses describing people’s tongues and spittle. But what do you do if you’ve lived a real romance with a great-looking guy (Richard) and he loves you as much as you love him? I know what I did. I wrote this romance novel about myself, using the Romance Writer’s Phrase Book. I also used stuff my English teach taught me about writing. He said a story must have conflict. No problem there. My life was one big conflict last Christmas. I didn’t make anything up. This is the honest truth and I want truth even in romance. I’m betting you’ll want the same.

book 2 - One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones

about the book
My name is Ruby.
This book is about me.

It tells the deeply hideous story
of what happens when my mother dies
and I'm dragged three thousand miles away
from my gorgeous boyfriend, Ray,
to live in L.A. with my father, who I've never even met
because he's such a scumbag that he
divorced my mom before I was born.

The only way I've ever even seen him
is in the movies,
since he's this mega-famous actor
who's been way too busy
trying to win Oscars
to even visit me once in fifteen years.

Everyone loves my father.
Everyone but me.

two thumbs up for both -- fun read coupled with a few "kilig" moments -- what more can you ask for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

here comes the bride...

my friend gina, got married over the weekend and i have to say it was a beautiful wedding. it was the couple who planned for everything -- from the invitations, to the flowers, to the venue, to the tokens for the guests -- everything! it was very well organized -- there were a few close calls but otherwise just perfect. we were honored (and i use that term very loosely) to help coordinate on the day itself and although it was nerve wracking and tiring (running around in heels is not my idea of fun!) not to mention the fact that we had to be up at an ungodly hour because the wedding was to be at 7 in the morning!!! -- it was well worth it though. here are a few of the pictures: the heroes of the day! we accept events coordination for KBL (kasal, binyag at libing)!

down with the republic!

my grandmother passed away recently and the refusal of some church officials to allow my lola's last rites and burial mass to be held at the cathedral in laoag embroiled the family in a "battle" with church figures. the family regretably accepted the church's decision but then we were outraged when they went ahead and allowed another's funeral mass to proceed. the turnabout in their decision was allegedly because the deceased was a loyal supporter of the church (generous in monetary terms) and Fr. Jack in general. This prompted my cousin to write a letter to Fr. Jack, the Vicar General of the St. William's Cathedral. Her letter is copied below: 15 August 2004 Fr. Jacinto "Jack" Jose Vicar General St. William’s Cathedral, Laoag City An Expression of Disgust re Herminia A. Pichay-Monroy Funeral Mass Dear Father Jack Jose: This is to express my strong personal disappointment and frustration at the decision of the church council and management, to not al...

ode to my schu!

basic black pumps -- sexy as they come. one look is all it took, i was a goner for sure! will that be cash or plastic? manolo blahnik's? no, i got it from schu on a budget to boot! life's sweet when shopping for shoes, my most favorite things!